Saturday, April 18, 2009

Pens win in OT - up 2 games to 0



Well - I'll admit I missed this game due to the fact that I was traveling - I saw bits and pieces in the Calgary airport - pure torture

From the highlights, it looked liked I missed a great game. It looks like the Flyers coaches actually showed up, and countered the Pens game 1 game-plan nicely.

This could easily been a bit of a blowout if it wasn't for Marc-Andre Fleury


....And Bill Guerin - what a pick up by GM Shero....I'll admit, when Guerin and Kunitz came on board, I had no clue how effective they would be in the Penguins system, but wow.....

I've said it before, and I'll say it again:


In Shero I trust


On another note - although the Flyers did play a more disciplined game, it was ultimately pentaly trouble that did them in again (shocker). Both penaltys called in the OT were so blatant they HAD to be called.

I read on several message boards how the Cryer fans were whining about how the refs were pulling for the Penguins, on strict odrers from Gary Bettman...blah blah blah....
I'm sure the Philly fans didn't see Hartnell throw his stick at Gonchar - which should have been a penalty shot - but of course that went unnoticed.....whatever

Anyhoo, I'll definatly be watching Sunday's game, and have a much better review tomorrow.

GO PENS

2 down - 14 more to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment