Monday, April 13, 2009

Pens get Flyers in 1st round




Lets get ready to rumble!

Literally

The Penguins, who went from 10th to 4th under Dan Bylsma, are the hottest team in the league going into the playoffs (along with Carolina)
The Flyers, who had a chance at home ice to start the playoffs, played a stinker of a game yesterday, giving the Pens home-ice advantage.
Hopefully this is what we can expect Thursday night - along with the frequent dirty shots, attempts to injure, and whining from the Flyers.

Yesterday I cheered for the Rangers along with all other Pens fans - but I felt dirty afterward, and layed in the fetal position in the shower for a few hours after....I feel sorry for Rangers fans. Now that they are playing the Caps in the first round, I can foresee a lot of showers in the next few weeks...

*shudder*

Anyways, I give congrats to Bylsma, and more importantly, the team for the improbable run to end the season.
I would think unless the Pens totally shit the bed in the first round, Disco Dan should be awarded with a 2 year contract - not three, just two.......you just can't deny the success, and he has the Pens playing the way they should to be successful.

This will be a great series - this year the Flyers can't use the "we're missing our 2 top defencemen" excuse - but I'm sure they'll find something to blame the upcoming series loss on.
Biron is not in the same league as Fluery, and we have the best players in the series.

One thing that does bother me a little is the special teams situation - the Flyers are downright deadly on the penalty kill, and do have a very balanced offensive team.

I can not wait for Hartnell to get absolutely CREAMED by someone - anyone. This joke exemplifies Flyers hockey to me - He take dirty shots at everyone - then cries when he gets a penalty...

Here's Hartnell doing what he does best:


Here's something a little more appropriate:


Here's a few more pics of this clown - I mean, if this isn't the most punchable face you've ever seen, I don't know what is.....




Well here's a Hartnell we'll see in the next few weeks:




and probably most appropriate:


Honestly, I can see the Pens coming out the victors of this series in 6...

GO PENS


oh - and special congrats to Evgeni Malkin - who won the scoring race despite not being in the same stratosphere as Hockey God Alexander Ovechkin*
*pure biting sarcasm*


No comments:

Post a Comment