Saturday, May 9, 2009

Pens win in OT - lead series 3-2


OK - I can breath now

The Pens pretty much played the perfect road game, taking home ice advantage from the Craps.
Nine different Pens have scored in this series - a big change from the Flyers series for sure.
By contrast, Ovechkin has scored 7 of the Craps 15 goals.

Top heavy much?


Fedotenko is on fire - playing very much like he did for the Lightning's 2004 Cup run - even Miro Satan is actually playing "playoff hockey".

And Staal....nice of you to show up - we missed you.

Notice I like posting pics of a Penguin player pasting Ovechkin..?

Every time OV gets nailed, an angel gets its wings

Ya - just like that - that's nice

Anyhoo, the Pens are set up nicely to win this series on home ice.
This has been a classic series - just like everyone thought it would be - its a shame Gonchar will probably miss the remainder of it.

Anyone else notice Ovechkin seems to always target fellow Russians?
I'm sure that will win him friends on the Olympic team...lol

On CBC tonight they were talking about how OV plays like Wendel Clark, and that if he continues to play that way, he will have a short career - I only mention that because I've been saying that for almost 2 years.
That's my Don Cherry moment of the night...

I, for one, hope he doesn't have a short career, because it is good to have someone to hate - it's healthy i think..

That's what I like to tell myself anyway.

Oh - and everyone is saying that the winning goal was a lucky bounce - honestly who cares - it was a goal.
Chances are good Crosby - who was wide open - would have buried it anyway


Game 6 is Monday night

7 down - 9 to go

GO PENS

No comments:

Post a Comment