Sunday, February 22, 2009

Why o why didn't I think of this?

When I got married last September, I wanted to have some sort of Penguins homage - or black and gold somehow incorporated into the wedding. I mentioned it to my bride to be, but she just chuckled it off, and I dropped the idea - you know, out of respect for my wife.
Well, in my normal internet cruising of Pens related stuff, I came across something very cool - some stories and pics of Pens related weddings and proposals.
Here are some of the cool pics:

Wedding #1




2 Stanley Cups a Zamboni, and a Pens puck topper - awesome

Grooms cake


Wedding #2


Grooms cake


Stanley Cup shots

Now, in my opinion, these weddings are are all pretty cool, I am proud to say I did have a few Penguins mentions in presentations and speeches at my wedding, but the best moment was when my sister gave her "welcome to the family toast" to my new bride. She started off by saying how much off a Penguins fan I am (duh) and that my wife had better get used to me watching all Penguins games, and how our schedule will revolve around those games. Then my sister said to help break her in to get used to all of this, she presented my wife with a new Pens jersey with her new last name.....very cool.



Here's the link to the website with the Pens wedding stuff:

http://www.hockeyandhighheels.com/lounge_columns/08_09_season/snyder_j_column/penguin_devotion_part_three.html

No comments:

Post a Comment