Saturday, February 14, 2009

WHOA - Alomar raped and has AIDS?!?

Allegations that Roberto Alomar was raped by 2 dudes when he was a teenager, and has AIDS were swirling around the sporting world the last few days.




From Yahoo's Big Leauge Stew:

Ilya Dall filed a $15-million suit against Alomar on Jan. 30. Dall has tested negative for HIV, but in the suit claims "Alomar caused her emotional distress and exposed her children to the virus." She and Alomar ended a three-year relationship in October.

As if those details aren't shocking enough, from the Daily News:

In April 2005, Alomar told Dall he was suffering from erectile dysfunction and confided "he was raped by two Mexican men after playing a ballgame in New Mexico or a Southwestern state when he was 17," the suit says.


holy crap


This was released from http://www.robertoalomar.com/:

Roberto Alomar Official Statement February 11, 2009

This is a very private, personal matter and I greatly appreciate all the support I have received in the past few days from my family, friends and colleagues in baseball. I am in very good health and I ask that you respect my privacy during this time.As for the lawsuit, it is filled with lies and I am deeply saddened that someone I cared for would make such terrible accusations and try to hurt me in this way.

This is all stunning stuff, and of course I hope Alomar is AIDS-free - and that he wasn't raped by two Mexican dudes...Sounds to me like some money hungry bitch is trying to garner attention and of course $$$

Catch de taste indeed


1 comment: